Should you deworm your goats on a schedule?
Should you give a dewormer to the entire herd at once?
Is dewormer resistance a thing?
Yes, dewormer resistance is real, and two things that cause it are deworming goats on a schedule and giving the same drug to all of the goats in the herd at the same time.
And yes, I know you've heard people say the opposite of everything I just said. That's because everything we thought we knew about parasites in the 1990s turned out to be wrong.
If you want to know what current research says about smarter deworming and avoiding dewormer resistance, sign up for my free email course on internal parasites.
Over the course of two weeks, you will receive an email every other day that tells you ...
- how to prevent parasites in goats
- what is dewormer resistance
- how you can prevent dewormer resistance
- how to prevent coccidiosis
- how rotational grazing works
- how to use rotational grazing