Whether you already have a few goats or you are just thinking of getting a couple, you’ve come to the right place. I put together this Goat Guide; it is full of links to some of Thrifty Homesteader’s most useful goat posts …
Getting Your Goats
- Choosing livestock for your homestead
- How many goats to start with
- Do you need a buck — or two?
- Urban goats
- Quarantining new animals
- Debunking 9 ill-conceived notions about pet goats
Goat Care Basics
- 7 things goats need
- Sheltering your goats
- One is the loneliest number
- Rotational grazing
- Rotational grazing: How do you DO it?
- Goat Minerals: What, Why, How?
- Goats and Copper Deficiency
- Is copper oxide really safe for goats?
- Constipation in goats
- Learning to milk a goat
- Goats in winter
Time for Kids!
- Kidding in winter
- Conducting a newborn check in goat kids
- Castration options for goat kids
- How many kids can a doe feed?
- Dam-raised vs. bottle: Socialization
- Basics of bottle-feeding goat kids
Never miss a blog post!
Subscribe to get our weekly email newsletter, and we'll send you a coupon for 25% off our online classes PLUS a 20-page guide to "Preserving the Harvest"!